Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 3, 4
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions For the initial post, pick two (2) of the following settlements:
- Southern colonies
- Chesapeake colonies
- Middle colonies
- New England colonies
Then, address the following for your selections:
- Compare and contrast the settlement patterns.
- What forces and ideas shaped their origin?
- Examine the influence of religion for those settlements (e.g., Puritanism, Quakers, and the Anglican Church).
Follow-Up Post Instructions Compare your selections and analysis of those selections with those of your peers. If they chose different settlements, examine how yours are similar and/or different. If they chose the same settlements, build on their posts by providing additional information about the settlements that you have not already noted in your own post. Writing Requirements
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
Grading This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
- Link (webpage): Discussion Guidelines
Course Outcomes (CO): 1, 2 Due Date for Initial Post: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Wednesday Due Date for Follow-Up Posts: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday
Kindly click ADD TO CART above to purchase the sample only $10.