Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 8 (section 8.3), 11
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, pick two (2) of the following historical events:
- The Lewis and Clark Expedition
- The Missouri Compromise
- Independence of Texas
- Mexican War of 1846-1848
- The California Gold Rush
Then, address the following for your selections:
- Which of your two selections do you consider most impactful on Westward Expansion during 1800-1848? Explain why.
- Analyze the effects of the ideology of Manifest Destiny on the two historical events that you chose from the list.
Compare your selections and analysis of selections with those of your peers. If they chose different events, examine how yours are similar and/or different. If they chose the same events, build on their posts by providing additional information about the events that you have not already noted in your own post.
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
- Link (webpage): Discussion Guidelines
Kindly click ADD TO CART above to purchase the sample only $10.