Initial Post Instructions
This week you will read about architecture. The lesson includes information on Roman architecture, which was greatly influenced by the Greeks and Etruscans.
Locate at least two architectural works that were influenced by Greco-Roman architecture. These can be from any time period after the Greco-Roman period but should be from different periods themselves (e.g., one from Renaissance and one from Baroque). Then address the following:
- What is the function of each structure?
- How does each work exhibit influence of the Greco-Roman period? Is the influence specifically Greek, Etruscan, or Roman – or a combination?
- How would you compare the two selected works? Take the role of the evaluative critic.
Use examples from the text, the lesson, and the library to help support your answer. Please remember to provide images and citations to help illustrate your points.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
- Link (webpage): Discussion Guideline
Hello professor and class,
The two architectural works focused on are the Galata Tower and the Buckingham Palace. The Galata Tower is a medieval stone tower located in Istanbul. It was constructed during the Renaissance period, in the late 14th Century (Yalav-Heckeroth, 2017). Initially, the building served as a high surveillance point to spot enemy attacks and fires in the town. After restoration works in the 1800s, the iconic building was opened to the public and now serves as a restaurant and cafe at its uppermost levels providing unmatched views of the city (Yalav-Heckeroth, 2017). Its architectural design exhibits the influence of the Greco-Roman period, particularly the Romanesque architecture. Romanesque architecture was characterized by…………
Kindly click ADD TO CART above to purchase the correct answers at only $5.