Initial Post Instructions
Many people would say that the 1999 premier of The Sopranos was a turning point in the development of television as an art form. Choose a television or streaming show that you feel perpetuates the idea that television is indeed a form of art. For the initial post, address the following:
- Include the name of the show and the director.
- Explain why you think this program is art.
- What impact does the example have on viewers’ lives?
- What were some influences of this work?
- Include a statement from an actor, director, or critic of the program that supports your points.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. Respond to one peer who chose an option different from yours. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
- Link (webpage): Discussion Guidelines
Hello professor and class,
There have been many debates over whether television shows can be considered art (Martin & Jacobus, 2018). One of the television shows that can be considered art is Friends. Friends, an American sitcom aired for ten years, 1994 to 2004, on the National Broadcasting Company (NBC) network. It was created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman. The sitcom is about six young adults whose lives are portrayed via their personalities and comedic moments. The Friends sitcom is considered art because it brings together quirky characters that normally would not fit together but synch in perfect harmony. The writing explores all aspects of comedic writing by taking advantage of sarcasm, sadistic humor, and situational comedy. It would also be considered art because its humor is subjective. According to Korostenskienė and Pakrosnytė…………….
Kindly click ADD TO CART above to purchase the sample at only $5.