Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, select and address one of the following options:
Option 1: Choose a work to discuss from one genre that interprets a work from another genre.
- Include the title, artist, and description of both works.
- Examine how the artist of the second work captured the subject or story of the first.
- Support your point(s) with a statement from the second artist that discusses the influence, reasoning, or interpretation of the original work on the second work.
Click on the following link for examples:
- You could choose a specific artwork influenced by a literary work and how the artist captured the subject or story. (Examples: Salvador Dali’s Mad Tea Party and Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland; Pablo Picasso’s Don Quixote and Cervantes’s Don Quixote de la Mancha)
- You could choose a literary work influenced by an artwork and how the author captured the story. (Examples: Picasso’s The Old Guitarist and Wallace Steven’s “The Man with the Blue Guitar”; Van Gogh’s Starry Night and Anne Sexton’s “The Starry Night”)
Option 2: Choose a work that is interdisciplinary (incorporates two or more disciplines), such as Hamilton from our lesson this week.
- Include the title and artist(s).
- Examine the genres that are intermingled to create the work.
- How effective is the blending of genres in the work?
- Why do you think the artist used different disciplines in the work?
- Support your point(s) with a statement from the artist and one from a critic.
Option 3: Choose a work of art from any genre that depicts or tells the story of a real life event from any time period, such as The Consecration of the Emperor Napoleon and the Coronation of Empress Joséphine on December 2, 1804 by Jacques Louis David.
- Include the title and the artist and some background of the event.
- What is the relationship between the work of art and the event?
- Did the artist depict the event accurately?
- Does the artist make changes regarding the event? If so, why do you think the artist made these changes?
- Examine the artist’s message in the depiction.
- Support your point(s) with a statement from the artist.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
- Link (webpage): Discussion Guidelines
Kindly click ADD TO CART above to purchase the sample at only $5.