This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO 3: Identify ethical issues common to research involving human subjects. (PO 6)
- CO 5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (PO 7 & 8
We begin our journey into discovering the new world of research and evidence-based practice (EBP) by exploring our past. After completing the required readings and lesson, answer the following:
- Explain how research has evolved since the Florence Nightingale era.
- Discuss how research and EBP are different; include how you believe research supports EBP for nursing.
- Describe one past/historical unethical breach of research conduct; then, share how you would ensure care of a study participant using one ethical or legal research consideration (guideline/principle).
Hello Professor and class
Evolution of research since the Florence Nightingale era
Florence Nightingale is considered the mother of nursing as she gathered scientific data that changed nursing practice in the 19th century (Houser, 2018). Particularly, she came up with detailed reports on several factors that led to the mortality rates of British soldiers in the Crimean War. Her actions acted as the foundations of nursing science that followed into nursing theory which focused on education and apprenticeship rather than research. Since then, nursing data has come to be published on journals and nursing research has become a model for explaining scientific phenomena.
During the 80’s and 90’s, National Center for Research for Nursing within the NIH was formed. The institute which came to be known a………
Kindly click ADD TO CART above to purchase the full sample only $10.