Directions for Part 1
- Review the Direct Care Project Overview above.
- View the Direct Care Project Part 1 Tutorial (Click here to view) (Links to an external site.).
- Download the Direct Care Part 1: Assessment and Diagnosis template under Templates below.
- Please address the following areas on the provided template:
- State the clinical certification and target population including setting that were approved by your instructor in the Week 2: Direct Care Part 1: Assessment and Diagnosis Check-In.
- Thorough discussion of why this certification was selected in relationship to the selected setting
- Describe the criteria for selected clinical certification
- Process to obtain clinical certification
- Cost of application and testing
- Requirements prior to certification
- Examination description
- Renewal time and process
- Required items for renewal
- Provide APA reference for one peer-reviewed scholarly professional nursing journal article connecting patient outcomes, certification, and leadership skills.
- From Chamberlain Library
- CINAHL or ProQuest
- Note: Do not use CINAHL Guides or Evidence-Based Care Sheets
- Full Text only
- No more than 5 years old
- In English
- Include the permalink
- For more information on finding Permalinks in the Chamberlain Library, see Learn the Library and Finding Permalinks (Links to an external site.)
- Reference must be use APA format including author(s), year, article title, journal name, volume number, issue number, page numbers, italics, parentheses, punctuation, double line spacing, and hanging indent. Include DOI if available.
- From Chamberlain Library
- Summarize findings of article
- Summarize the key points of the selected peer-reviewed scholarly professional nursing journal article in one or two paragraphs.
- Be clear and concise.
- Discuss how patient outcomes in the selected setting could be improved by certified nurses.
- Discuss how certification can impact leadership skills in the selected setting.
- Identify a problem (diagnosis) based on your assessment
- Important: The problem you identify will be utilized in Parts 2, 3, and 4 of the Direct Care Project.
- Write the problem diagnosis (See template)
- Submit template through the Submit Assignment button on this page.
DIRECT CARE PROJECT PART 1
ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS
Assessment of Certification, Patient Outcomes, and Leadership
- Clinical certification
Certification: CEN (Certified Emergency Nurse)- The certification is accorded to nurses who demonstrate their knowledge and expertise working in an emergency room.
- Target population including setting
The target population is emergency room registered nurses.
- Discuss why this clinical certification was selected in relationship to the selected setting.
I selected the CEN certification after realizing that two registered nurses who works in an emergency room were not particularly cognizant of the benefits of this certification on patient outcomes. This is despite the great emphasis that CEN certification places on important skills need to handle critical patients, perform triage and evaluate emergency situations appropriately. I believe that the certification would indeed help the nurses assess their skills and improve upon them which would go a long way in……
Kindly click ADD TO CART above to purchase the correct answers at only $10.