The purpose of the graded collaborative peer review is to provide students with the opportunity to engage in the critique of peers’ week 7 evidence-based projects. Scholarly information obtained from credible sources as well as professional communication are required. Meaningful dialogue among students fosters the development of a learning community as ideas, perspectives, and knowledge are shared.
In week 8, you will record a Kaltura presentation based on the PowerPoint slide show created in week 7. You will interact with peers related to their presentations.Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this peer review discussion, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- CO3: Demonstrate professional and personal growth through a spirit of inquiry, scholarship, and service in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 3, 4)
- CO4: Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies. (PO 1, 5)
- CO5: Analyze research findings and evidence-based practice to advance holistic care initiatives that promote positive healthcare outcomes. (PO 1, 2, 5)
Due Date: Week 8: Kaltura Presentation must be uploaded to Week 8 discussion by Wednesday 11:59 p.m. MT week 8. Two responses to peer presentations are due by Saturday 11:59 p.m. MT of Week 8.
Total Points Possible: 100
Initial post: Create a Kaltura video presentation based on the PowerPoint slideshow you submitted in week 7. The slides you created should be displayed on your screen in the recorded presentation; Use of the Kaltura camera feature is optional. A clear audio presentation of the content should be included. While the presentation is due Wednesday, please consider posting the presentation to the discussion area early in the week to facilitate a robust discussion.
Kaltura Resources: Use the Kaltura resources found under the Resources tab in the course. If you have difficulty using Kaltura Capture Space, reach out to IT first (please obtain a ticket number). If you are still unable to record using Kaltura, reach out to your instructor for alternate recording options.
Participating in the Discussion: View and provide feedback on a minimum of 2 peer presentations. You may address some of the following questions in your responses:
- Is the PICOT question original, relevant, and interesting?
- Is the presentation clear and easy to follow?
- Did the presentation provide sufficient evidence to support the presenter’s recommendations?
- Are references accurate, adequate, and balanced?
- Does the presentation add to nursing knowledge?
- What applications do you see for the content of this presentation to your practice as an NP?
Your peer posts should add to the dialogue or ask questions about the presentation.
Responses to two different peer presentations are due by Saturday 11:59 p.m. MT of Week 8.
**To view the grading criteria/rubric, please click on the 3 dots in the box at the end of the solid gray bar above the discussion board title and then Show Rubric.
|50||50%||Kaltura is used for presentation. Recording is clear. Length of recording is between 7-20 minutes.|
|Peer discussion post #1||20||20%||Student responds substantively to a peer’s presentation, answering the following questions:
|Peer discussion post #2||20||20%||Student responds substantively to a peer’s presentation, answering the following questions:
|90||90%||Total CONTENT Points= 170 pts|
|Grammar and Communication||10||10%||Presents information using clear and concise language in an organized manner|
|10||10%||Total FORMAT Points= 10 pts|
|ASSIGNMENT TOTAL=100 points|
Kindly click ADD TO CART above to purchase the sample at only $5.